Skip to main content

Filling The Bucket - #MFRWauthor

Hard to believe there are only four short weeks left in 2017. Here we are at week 48 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. Like with week 24, I'm not a fan of thinking about my eventual demise, but here we are. Top five things on my bucket list.




So, before this post, I've never thought about things I wanted to do before I "kick the bucket." But in honor of trying to not skip a week I had to stop and think about it. Bad timing as I spent the day with my aunt at the hospital while she had treatment. Not really in the mindset to think about death, but let's do this.

1. Travel. With kids traveling isn't easy. It's costly with our large-ish family, plus some of the places I'd like to visit without the kids in tow. In week 17, I gave a list of places I'd like to visit so that counts as a bucket item.

2.  Have a driving experience. You know at like the Porsche track (they have built or are building one in GA) or even the Dale Earnhart thing. Basically I want to get in a car and go really REALLY fast because...why not.

3. Hot Springs Bath. I have a love of spas. They are relaxing and I love taking nice long soaks. I'd love to visit a natural hot springs 'bath' at some point in my life.

4.  Try some of the world's best foods. I guess this could piggy back off #1, but I'm making it a separate thing because I gotta make this list. I like to eat. Food can be a real dining experience, so I'd love to on my travels to tastes some of the best foods the world has to offer.

5. Watch Phantom of The Opera on Broadway. Phantom is my all time favorite play and I would love to see it on Broadway.

That's it. Again this post is short and sweet, but it's done.

What are some things on your bucket list? Be sure to stop by the other authors of the hop and find out theirs.

Until next time
~Meka


Comments

  1. I'd like to think I'll wait a long, long time to make a bucket list. Even so, I already know what I'd definitely add to it:
    *Travel to Japan, specifically Akhibara and Studio Ghibli
    *Meet JK Rowling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. Thinking of a bucket list wasn't much fun considering what it was, but I came up with something. I like your list. Hope you get to fulfill them some day.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Intersting list. love driving really really fast item. While a touring show is good, Broadway is an experience by itself. Good luck on completing your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL thank you. I have been known to have a 'lead foot' so being able to drive really fast and not worry about getting a ticket would be great.

      I really hope to see it on Broadway some day.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. I'm with you on the travel and the trying really great food. Not in line for the really REALLY fast car experience. I haven't seen Phantom on Broadway, but did see the touring company in Denver. That was phenomenal. I wasn't really a big fan going in, but I was definitely one coming out of the theater that night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes travel and food! I've seen Phantom twice when it's been at the Fox Theater here in Atlanta. Was bummed I missed out when it was just here, wanted to take The Girl to see it. I love that production!

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  4. I think I'll tag along with you; I want to travel, eat yummy food, drive fast on the Indianapolis Speedway; watch a Broadway show, and try a hot springs:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! The more the merrier. I tried to pick things I knew I'd enjoy and were maybe somewhat attainable.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. That's a great list! I'm in for the spa and the food!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Spas are my favorite

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  6. A great list, especially the driving experience. If they have Aston Martin's, I'm in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure if they have Aston Martin's but I would love it if they did.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  7. Seeing Phantom on Broadway would be so cool! (And, FYI, hubby did the driving experience at the Atlanta Motor Speedway a few years ago (we got it on Groupon), so you don't have to wait to have one built. He said it was awesome. I have pictures of him in the race driver's jumpsuit - so much fun!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I forget about the Atlanta Motor Speedway. I just remember hearing the chatter about the Porche place they are building. Hubby keeps asking me what I want for Christmas. This might be an option.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  8. I wouldn't have taken you for a fast-track kind of lady. Being a writer, you can do the next best thing: write a book with a race-car driver hero. Of course, you'll need to research it in person, not just via Google, and who knows? Maybe your subject matter expert will let you take a spin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Sometimes. I could write a book like that, but you're right, I need the proper research. LOL We'll have to wait and see what happens.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  9. This was the first I thought about a bucket list as well- I like the good food on your list- yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, who wants to think about things to do before they die? Not me and not in my current headspace.

      Good food is always an option

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  10. Wow, I almost mentioned a "driving experience" on my top five, like on a NASCAR track. Check out Tail of the Dragon if you want a driving experience, but you won't be going very fast. Seeing Phantom on Broadway would be fantabulous! Have you seen the sequel? I enjoyed reading your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome!!! I'll have to check that out. I think the thrill and fear would be like a roller coaster without being upside down. LOL I have not seen the sequel. Now I need to find that!

      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.