Skip to main content

Music Monday - Legendary

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. So this week I wasn't sure what song to share.


I've been working on a novelette, but I don't have any new songs for it because it can use the same playlist from Anything Once. I've got to get more ladies from my CP group to give me songs to feature, so what to share?

Well, I've been having bouts of insecurity in my writing. It happens from time to time where the doubts take hold and pushing through to complete a project, whether it's writing or editing, get harder. Currently, Anything Once still remains unedited because I'm doubting that one hard core after the last round of feedback. I wrote a post about some of my issues HERE and my general feeling on the editing process HERE.

Blogging about these things help, as does music. Songs have the ability to change your mood, good or bad. I started this segment because of how much I use music as part of my writing process. This week I decided to share a song that makes me feel good. The beat is uplifting and the lyrics are empowering. A lot of writers face doubts. We struggle with wondering if we're good enough, if people will like the stories we have to tell. When faced with all the obstacles, it can be 'easy' to just say to hell with it all. "Legendary" is my 'I can do this' song.

I have no misconceptions about making it 'big' or anything like that, but I want to write books that others enjoy. If I have a small fan base, I'm happy with that. To just know that my books made others feel good and they enjoyed them, makes the stress and worry worthwhile. However, I can't get those fans if I keep my head in the sand and letting the doubt run wild which keeps me from producing. So, while I won't be legendary, I will carry the sense of pride from accomplishing what I set out to do.

Do you have a 'pump you up' song? Hope you enjoy mine.

"Legendary" by Welshly Arms


Thanks for stopping by
Until next time,
~Meka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.