Skip to main content

Music Monday - Talk

Happy Monday! And happy belated Mother's Day to anyone it applies to. :) I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I didn't do anything special, not even yesterday. But it's Monday, new week, new music.

So, a small history lesson today. Back in 2016 I came across a group on Facebook called Insecure Writers Support Group. My discovery of it's existence came at a time where I'd been in like a two year writing slump and my second book's production suffered from it.

They do a monthly blog hop where the members talk about their ups and downs of the month. I started participating and sharing my worries. Through that process I decided I needed to start to focus. Get serious about what I wanted and follow through. Where am I going with all of this?

Well, I set strict-ish writing days/times. I left the house, told those that might call me during the day to not during those times and I got shit done! Then I got lax. I mean I still completed projects, but as time as gone on, my blah-ness is increasing and my productivity was lacking.

I am in the midst of having to make some decisions about what I want in the future, but that's for another post. For now, so I don't get too long winded, I'll bring the point around. In order to get back to the focus I had in completing Not Broken I am reclaiming my writing time. Two days a week, I'm leaving the house and spending at least two hours getting words.

I know I mentioned a project before, but I've switched gears for now. Instead of completing Dorian and G's still unnamed WIP I'm aiming to finish up my last book in my pseudo-'series' following couples in the Desert Rose Station complex from Being Neighborly. There are three in total. I've submitted book 2 already and want to have this one completed for submission. If the publisher rejects book 2 then I'll take these last two indie. But since these are all novella length with a max of 25k words I figured getting the shorter (and hopefully easier) project done first would be best.

New project means... you guessed it new playlist. The last book will follow the enemies-to-lovers trope which will be new for me. I've been looking for songs that play into that, but not something that has been super easy to find, though the playlists are always a growing WIP, hell even sometimes after the project is done.

With this being enemies-to-lovers neighbor style communication won't be their strong suit. What better fitting song than one titled "Talk" and it deals with relationships and trying to figure out where to go and what's next. Something Emilio and Lana will have to work out and see where things can lead past their sexual attraction.

I hope you all have a great week.

Until next time
~Meka

"Talk" by Khalid


Comments

  1. Set those two hours aside and find that writing fire again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is my hope! I need to get productive again and stop making excuses for myself.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG #14 - The Story So Far

New month means new post for the IWSG blog hop. In hindsight I should have done this post last month since it was the halfway point for the year, but yeah I don't plan things, not even proper blog posts.