Skip to main content

Music Monday - Opposites Attract


Good morning and happy Monday. Spring break is over for my kids and the house is quiet again. Yay! Hopefully I'll be a little more productive this week.


Last week I picked a song to celebrate finishing my long over due novella. Like way too long over due. But it was done and I'm not in the editing phase and SHOCKER I'm not totally hating the process this time. I know, the apocalypse may be upon us.

However, having a first draft complete (well second at this point) means I need to start thinking about the next book once this one is off to the editor. But which one? I have at this moment four WIP ideas, and all of them have at least a paragraph or two written. When an idea strikes, I have to get down the basics because I have a terrible memory and I'm likely to forget.

Now, if you've been around my blog for a while you know that my first three books turned into an accidental series. If you haven't been around, I'll explain really quick. Basically when I wrote Fiendish I expected it to be a one and done, but then Malcolm decided the story wasn't over (yes my characters are pushy) so Not Broken was born and from there thanks to Malcolm's biggest fan, The Lists came about. None of the stories were planned and at the end of each, I thought I was done with the characters.

Where am I going with all of this? Well, because two of my Squad members put a bug in my ear about Dorian, Calida's sister. I would have never EVER never thought about giving Dorian her own story, let alone pair her with Gerald, Malcolm's friend who appears for one chapter of Not Broken.

Dorian is rather, shall we say uptight. LOL She's a bit particular and status/public appearance matters to her. Gerald is extremely laid back. He likes to have a good time and enjoy life. Total Opposites.

Their story is my next project. So, that means it's time to start building a playlist and hope they are cooperative when I really start to focus on getting the story created.

First song on the list, an oldie, but goodie, and fits the general theme of the book to a T. And the video is fun. So bonus!

Here's a peek at the photo inspiration for Dorian and Gerald. Not only is it an opposites attract story, it will also be a May/December story since Dorian is about 9-10ish years older than G.


Hope you have a great week.

Until next time
~Meka

"Opposites Attract" by Paula Abdul

Comments

  1. Always loved a good opposites attract story. And you know what's funny, I have that song on my playlist for my "Holidaze" WIP novella series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We shall see how it goes for me. It'll be a different tone for sure. LOL it's a good song and it fits perfectly for this type of story. Looking forward to reading all the Holidaze when you're finished

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.