Skip to main content

Music Monday-Sincerely, Me

Happy Monday! Can you believe that two months of the year are already gone? I know there are a few days left in February, but still, mostly gone! Anyway, thanks for joining me again.

This week I'm continuing with featured selections from the ladies in my critique partners group. Up this time around is Felicia Grossman aka Superwoman or SW as I call her. She can crank out first drafts like nobody's business all while holding down a career, mom life and being a super speed beta reader.

Felicia writes in a genre that I'm typically not a fan of, historical romance. I've read a few, and while they are okay, they just aren't something I fully connected with. Until I read hers. Felicia puts a different take on the 'norm' by first writing in an American setting. No Lords, or Dukes here. On top of that she deals with Jewish heroines, something else you don't find often.

Then there's her love of musicals. Which brings us to the selection for this week. "Sincerely, Me" From the musical Dear Evan Hansen. The second book I beta read for Felicia had the same basic theme, a fake relationship. Jay and Ursula are amazing together. Both misfits of sorts in their own rights, they are what one would consider opposites attracting. They just work. They manage to bring out the best in each other in the mist of their fake relationship.

I loved the way the story unfolded and how naturally things progressed from a fake relationship to real feelings starting to develop. The two together are a force to be reckoned with.

Hope you enjoy this week's selection. The song fits the theme and general attitude of her story. And we have a Music Monday first by featuring a selection from a musical.

Enjoy and thanks for stopping by

"Sincerely, Me" from Dear Evan Hansen



Until next time,
Meka

Comments

  1. Sometimes it just takes the right book to click with us. Now you have a new writer to devour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. And I do look forward to her words and feel special being able to get them before she is published and makes it big.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. LMAO. I rub my nipples and start moaning with delight.
    I like reading historical romances but only recently started to like reading HR set in America. With the settling of the West as a preference.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah, the song is fun and matches some of the tone of her book. Oh nice. Hers have been set in Philly so far and she works to make them as historically accurate as possible.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. I'll check out this author. Thanks for sharing!


    www.ficklemillennial.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's not published as of yet, but I suspect she'll have books hitting shelves soon.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.