Skip to main content

Music Monday - I Found


Happy Monday! Woo-hoo two weeks in a row with Music Monday. Last week I mentioned an idea I wanted to do for this segment and this week I'm kicking it off.

Music is a big part of my writing process. I've talked about it before, and it's why I started doing Music Monday. Over the course of the year I've met many other great authors who also use music as part of their process.

The wonderful group of ladies I chat with on Twitter, Romance Chat, are many of the authors I'm referring to. We talk about a lot of things in the chat, and music is one of those topics.

One of those ladies, Taralynn Moore, actually plots her stories to music. Meaning, where I have a general playlist for my stories, her playlist is in order to match the events that go with the song. I thought that was absolutely amazing!

This week's song is from her playlist for her upcoming story KING: UNVEILED. I beta read this story and man, the emotions that I had while reading it!! Angry, sad, frustrated, just all of them constantly changing as the story did.

She has many amazing songs on her list, but the I chose actually brought me close to tears knowing how it plays into the story and for the character. Now I can't listen to this song without still getting a little emotional and thinking about Jon. #teamJONforever!!

The video I linked is the one she shared and this version gives me total chills. The original version also affects me, but not quite in the same way. You really feel the meaning behind the words and the depth of emotion with it being their voices only.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do, even without the context of her story to go with it. Let me know what you think.

Until next time,
~Meka

"I Found" by Amber Run

Comments

  1. Sometimes I find a song(s) whose beat, rhythm, lyrics etc meshes with the story. Other times it inspires a story. Two songs immediately come to mind. Arielle "Until we go down" and Nathan Lanier "Sand."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG yes, I had 2 songs that made me think of projects. I've not written them, but they do get the wheels turning. I should probably write down the general idea. Did those songs inspire any of your current work?

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
    2. Lanier's "Sand" inspired a desert fight scene to a story idea I wrote and filed away. And other plot points. Thinking that story might be 2018 NaNoWriMo project.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.