Skip to main content

Music Monday - Arsonist's Lullaby


Hard to believe July is almost over. This month has been a big one for me since I'm still excited about finishing the first draft of Not Broken.



The selection for this week is a song I heard by accident (like a few others I've posted). I've enjoyed other songs by Hozier. The very first one I heard by them was "Take Me To Church". I don't recall what song I'd been listening to when "Arsonist's Lullaby" came up in the rotation, but I liked the sound of it.

Since then, when I'm opening up YouTube it's become one of the first songs I type in to get things started. I even started watching Daredevil on Netflix so I could see Frank Castle's character. I'm still eagerly waiting for The Punisher series to start.

I liked the dark, gritty sound of this song. The lyrics fit the frame of mind I had when writing some of Calida's scenes. I've put this song on repeat a few times. There are some songs that you get tired of hearing after a while, so far this song is not one of those. I listen to it at least once day if not more.

I hope you enjoy it.
Thanks for stopping by
~Meka

"Arsonist's Lullaby" by Hozier



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.