Skip to main content

Music Monday - I Like That


Happy Monday. Did you have a good weekend? Maybe watched the Oscars? I didn't, but I'm not much into award shows. New week. New song.

I've been sort of floundering the last few months. My focus and attention not really there. That means not a lot of new words have been produced.

I'm trying to change that.

Last week I did manage new words. Not a lot, but something is better than nothing right? Trying to get back into the groove means it's time to breakout the playlist for the story again. I've talked about my current project, Being Hospitable, before and yes, it's the same one I'm still trying to complete.

The lack of focus has been terrible.

My CPs are trying to hold me somewhat accountable. We do check-ins and all that fun stuff. So, to get the week started off right, and to kick off what I hope to be a better writing week, I bring you "I Like That" by Janelle Monae. I have her on my list a few times. I'm a fan and she makes great music that is relatable to the ladies in my story.

I hope you enjoy the song and have a great week.

Until next time,
~Meka

"I Like That" by Janelle Monae


Comments

  1. I hope your focus returns.
    I didn't watch the Oscars either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex. And glad I'm not the only one. They don't interest me and most times I've never even heard of most of the winning pictures.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.