Skip to main content

Music Monday: I Kissed A Girl


It's the start of another week. Try as we might, Mondays just keep coming around. Hopefully you had a great weekend.

The last couple of weeks have been songs that just get me moving. I finished one WIP (work in progress) and after a few rounds of edits based on beta feedback, it's now in the hands of my editor. What's the best way to not worry about getting back the editorial letter? Work on a new project.

One of the manuscripts that I have out on query is a short novella written for a particular publisher's line of shorts. To keep my mind off the waiting I came up with two other stories that could connect to the first one, but still act as a standalone. New story means new playlist.

This story will be a first for me as it'll be my first same sex pairing. Because I like to try new things with my writing, and truly believe love is love between consenting humans, I took a look at the tropes this line wanted to see in this series and figured out how I wanted this to work.

M/M is what most people (in what I see on Twitter) seem to flock to. There have been discussion in some circles about how F/F is overlooked or not as desirable for a myriad of reasons. I'm of the camp, the ladies need love and their HEA just as much. When I picked out the trope of best friend's sibling, and made the determination to do same sex, F/F was my instant choice.

The first 'mood' song that came to mind when I started trying to build a playlist was "I Kissed A Girl" because, well I'm gonna have kissing girls. It's an older song, and I think one of Katy Perry's first (I'm no music history buff), but it's fun and probably a little tongue and cheek. But I want the story to be fun, and sexy, and light so it fits.

Hope you like it.

Until next time,
~Meka

"I Kissed A Girl" by Katy Perry



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.