Skip to main content

Music Monday-Make Me Feel


It's Monday again. And boy am I tired. For my 'day' job (though it really happens at night, so writing is my day job?) I work at concert venues. The company also hosts on of Georgia's largest music festivals, Music Midtown.

I spent my Saturday and Sunday surrounded by more than 70k music lovers. It was hot, humid, and crowded, but hey 'free' concerts since I was close enough to see acts this year unlike the last two. One of the artists that performed on the stage closest to my assigned station was Janelle Monae.

I'd already had the pleasure of seeing her twice this year. She held two shows at the main venue I work. I got paid to see her for one, and attended the other. In case it wasn't clear, I'm a fan. The show she put on was the same that I got to see, but it was amazing nonetheless.

Last week I spoke about my new project. I'm currently building the playlist for that particular story and already a few songs by Ms. Monae have made the cut. This week's selection being one of them. As stated, I'm doing the best friend's sibling trope, that 'forbidden' aspect of dating the sibling because it could cause complications in the friendship.

Not Broken has this as well with Calida being the best friend to Malcolm's sister, Macy. Because I've done this trope once before, trying to change it up, to give the story a different take hasn't been easiest. It's morphing into one of those things that is happening 'out of the blue' so to speak with my new couple. Because of that, the song I picked fits the basic idea of how the two hook up. Somethings can't really be explained, it comes down to having that feeling that this is supposed to be.

Anyway I hope you enjoy the song and have a great week.

Until next time,
~Meka

"Make Me Feel" by Janelle Monae **NSFW lyrics**



Comments

  1. Now that's a cool job. Glad you got to see this concert. I bet it was humid though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. It, like any job, has its downside, but for the most part it's an easy gig and I get to see free concerts which is a perk when it's artists I like. It was a little humid, but luckily the cloud cover helped some.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.