Skip to main content

Book Review: Meant To Be Kept

Happy Saturday. I hope you all had a great week. I'm here to kick off your weekend with a possible new read. I’m excited to do this review. Not only because Amelia is my friend and pub sister, but because she’s a great person. And she’s written so many reviews boosting other authors being able to put her in the spotlight for a change is an honor.

Now I’m sure you’re thinking this is going to be a biased review, and maybe it is a little, but it’s also going to be honest and true.

One night. One too many drinks. One mistake. That’s all it took to derail my marriage. 

Now, all I can do is beg for a second chance. To try and redeem myself in a bid not to lose the love of my life. 

I’m determined to use every second, every moment I have to show my wife how much she means to me—to rebuild the trust I shattered.

But the harder I try, the more I start to realize our marriage had fallen into a routine of complacency and misplaced priorities long before my indiscretion. 

Isabelle is a strong, passionate, beautiful woman—a wife who has sacrificed so much for me. I just hope it’s not too late for us, and that I’ll be able to convince her that our love is meant to be kept.

My Review
** 5 STARS **

Let’s get to it. From the blurb you know there is cheating and for some that is a turn off. Tanner did a not so smart, drunken thing and one would be prepared to hate him for it. But I didn’t, and here’s why, he owned it. From the very beginning Tanner owned his mess up and all the proper groveling ensued. Yes, he was drunk, but no he didn’t use that as an excuse for his behavior or to try and play it off as not a big deal. I was prepared to dislike Tanner, but he made it impossible.

As Tanner and Izzy work through his indiscretion, and he is putting in the effort to win back her trust, other things come to light. Kissing another woman wasn’t the first time he’d let her down and broken promises to her. Writing about an established couple gives a different perspective on the relationship. We aren’t watching new people fall in love, we instead watch a couple rediscover each other and renew their love along the way.
   
Life, and responsibilities took over and the little things fell the wayside. It’s easy to take those around you for granted. Izzy, she had her own idea of what being a supportive wife meant, which in large part was not complaining. With each thing Tanner forgot, she swallowed down her hurt and disappointment and put on a happy face. Her own history with her parents made her put on a happy face in fear of upsetting the balance and worries of abandonment.

Ms. Foster weaves her story alternating in present and past. We see how they were in comparison to where life had taken them. Over a series of dates Tanner arranges to win back his wife’s trust they slowly get back to where they were. It’s a heart-warming story and I wish more people wrote about married/long-term relationships.

   

Or read on Kindle Unlimited

MEET THE AUTHOR

Books, coffee, and chocolate make up both the heart and body mass that is better known as Amelia Foster. She has been a lifelong lover of the written word, both as a reader and an author, and completed her first manuscript at the ripe old age of five complete with illustrations. Sadly, her art was a medium that never improved over time although thankfully her writing has.

From sweet to salacious the only requirement Amelia has in books she reads – and definitely in the ones she crafts – is an excessively satisfying happily ever after… and then a little bit more.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.