Skip to main content

Music Monday - You Say


Another week has kicked off. Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. My boys were out for a 'fall break' something they've never had before. There's been a lot going on writing wise. I now have two offers on two different stories.

But that doesn't change the first loves. My first characters. The ones that started it all and the ones that I really thought would be a one and done situation. Fiendish turned into Not Broken and Not Broken has turned into The Lists (a short novella due out soon). The idea of not writing on these guys ever again is a little sad, but I know the time is coming.

That being said, music, as you all know, plays a large role in my writing process. And even long after the story is complete, if I hear a song that will fit the story, I add it to the playlist for that book. This week's selection is one of those songs.

I wasn't a nice writer to Calida (my FMC in the 3 above books) I really made her work for her HEA. She's had a rough go of things and even in the fun, sexy time novella, those issues remain a part of her, because they probably always will.

As I was writing Not Broken, I found songs that at the time spoke to each character and their journey, and then I heard "You Say" on the radio and I was like OMG this is Calida! Well her feelings toward Malcolm and how he impacted her life. So as I prepare for yet another release starring these guys, I picked a song this week to be about them.

Hope you like it.

Until next time
~Meka

"You Say" by Lauren Daigle

Comments

  1. Characters never end until we officially retire them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is true. I never expected to be working on a third book with these guys. And at the request of 2 of my CPs, I may be writing a spin off with one of the side characters. LOL

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. I love this song and think it’s perfect for Calida. I have never experienced a feeling of loss for a character like the loss I have felt after finishing both books . I literally crave for your next book. While waiting ... I’ll read them again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) When I heard it, and let the lyrics sink in, it screamed Calida to me. And aww thank you! I'm glad you've enjoyed my characters. They are near and dear to my heart. A new installment of them will be coming soon. Keep a look out for that announcement.

      Thank you for your support! It means so much to me. :)

      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.