Skip to main content

Adventures At RWA Day 4


It's day 4. RWA is nearing it's end. :( While I do miss my kiddies and sleeping in my own bed, it will be a little sad when it's over. But that's a post for another day! Today we talk about my latest adventures.

I was feeling MUCH better today, thank goodness. I kicked off my day with another book signing session. There I got to meet and talk to both Alisha Rai and Beverly Jenkins!!! You know you see these amazing women on Twitter, sometimes shyly interact with them, but to meet them in person...AMAZING!!!!

I also had another Twitter friend sighting in DA Henneman! She had a table set up at the Indie signing event and all her beautiful books were on display! I also ran into Gemma Snow and she was so much fun to talk to in person. When you spend so much time talking to people, sometimes daily, and then to meet them in person, such a great feeling!

I got so many books y'all!! So, SO, SO many and I'm very excited. But they all fit in my carry-on as planned so WOOT!!! No shipping required.



I did manage to make it to a few sessions today. One that talked about working on my author  brand. Something I do struggle with. Some good ideas were given on things to do. I just need to implement them, and really figure out 'who' I am. LOL That might be the hardest part.

They also had a very cool event called Industry Marketplace. A room full of editors and agents that you could sit and talk to. A little more low key than the speed pitch events and for a person like me that has a hard time with talking to the industry professionals, it was a very low key/low stress environment.

It worked out and I actually had an editor from one of the publishing houses ask me to send over a chapter of Anything Once. Not sure if it'll go anywhere, but can't hurt to try right?

It was a good day. I am thoroughly enjoying my experience here.

Until next time
~Meka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.