Skip to main content

Adventures At RWA Day 5

It's the fifth and final day here at RWA! It's been a whirlwind week. I've hung out with my RChat friends. Met some of the authors I've enjoyed following and got to see them live and in person.

This final day was exciting because I was one of the winners of the lunch with the Carina Press editors. We got to sit, talk, and simply hang out. No pitching of work, instead getting to know them and the other writers at the luncheon. A wonderful experience since sometimes the editors are sorta seen as the 'untouchables' in a way. Like you know they are real people, but they are also the gatekeepers as it were for those in query land, and getting a chance to sit with them in that sort of an environment took the pressure off. The entire experience is one I will hold dear from this trip.

Today was also my volunteer day. RWA hosts a literary signing that is open to the public. The books sold at this event are used to give back to a literacy charity. The room is expansive and so many authors, big names and small, fill the space.


This picture does not give just to the overwhelming expanse of it all.  You had USA today best selling authors next to smaller known authors and everyone was nice and smiling and genuinely supportive of each other. Romance authors often get looked down upon for being a romance author. To see so many together, and to see so many fans going around talking to authors, getting pictures. It's heartwarming.

My three hours of volunteer duty was rewarded with...you guessed it more books. LOL


A smaller haul compared to the other days, but since these books were for charity we couldn't have a free for all, which isn't a bad thing. I have so many books my carry-on is full, I couldn't really take more. Fingers crossed when I get to the airport tomorrow I won't be over the 50lbs limit.

I will miss Denver, but home is calling. I am already looking forward to the conference in New York next year! Thanks for going along for the ride of my first conference. When I get home I'll do a final post with all my books and swag laid out. That should be fun.

Until next time
~Meka

Comments

  1. I enjoyed reading your RWA posts. New York, you say? Hmmm. Totally doable. While our RTC (Romancing the Capital) Ottawa was more of a reader's conference, I agree that one of the highlights is meeting authors face-to-face and sitting at a table with some of them for lunch or dinner. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed them. Yup, next year is supposed to be NY so that is fun. A reader's conference is fun, you can make contacts and hopefully gain a new reader or two. The face-to-face is exciting, but also a little scary.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.