Skip to main content

Adventures At RWA Day 3


So it's day 3 of RWA and the first day of book signing events! I was very excited about this because 1) FREE books 2) get to meet the authors of these great books and 3) FREE BOOKS!!!

Yesterday they had some sessions but today it was like the real nitty gritty began. So much to do and so little time. Let's start with the book signing events. They were broken up to morning and afternoon sessions which is great to give folks like me a chance to get to them all.

This picture doesn't do proper justice to the sheer overwhelming volume of people at the Harlequin signing. I walked in and was like 'whoa' there's a shit ton of people in here.

As a first timer, it is a very daunting thing to walk in on but very exciting at the same time. I wasn't sure where to start but I did know I wanted to get books that interested me. Walking around, taking it all in, and politely asking the authors if I could read the back blurb before asking them to sign was my game plan.

But there were also some authors whose books I wanted just  because of the author. Who you may ask? Well...

Brenda Jackson who was very sweet and gracious and happily took a picture with this first timer.


Then there was Alyssa Cole who was my first celebrity sighting on day one. She was also very gracious as a had a short fangirl moment as she signed my book. I also snagged one from Sylvia Day! 

I was also excited to meet Peggy Jaegar. I've 'known' Peggy for a year online. We both participate in the #MFRWauthor blog hop. Being able to meet the flesh and blood person behind the screen is extremely cool! I of course got one of her books and one of her HAND PAINTED bags she gave away as swag. 

Check out my haul:




This is all from just one day! The plum bag is the one by Peggy. In the second picture, that flash drive is from Carina Press, they have several of their Dirty Bits books on it. OH speaking of Carina, their head editor saw me, REMEMBERED my name and told me I was one of the 'lunch with editors' winners. Talk about a freaking chance interaction because I never got notice.

It was a great day...until it wasn't. This blog post is coming to you guys earlier because I ended up sick. :( Apparently there is this thing called altitude sickness and it hit me like a mac truck! I was in my PJs and in bed by 4pm. Luckily I have the most excellent roommate who has been hanging out with me the whole time as she fights her own head cold. :( We are two sick peas in a pod.

We are both taking it easy and tomorrow is another day. I'm going to rest up so I'm ready to take on more sessions and get way more books!

Until next time
~Meka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.