Skip to main content

Book Review: Meant To Be Different


Happy Friday! I hope you've had a great week and are enjoying the cooler fall temperatures. I'm kicking off the weekend with a new book review. This isn't the first time I've reviewed Amelia Foster, you can read up on that one here. But she's back, so let's get to it shall we.

You'll notice that the image I used this time is different, well that's because on Instagram I do a thing called #BooksBoozeAndBubbles. I'm combing my love of reading, with my love of bath time, and my love of wine. 

I pair up the books with a bath bomb and drink that fit the story. For Meant To Be Different I picked the Black Rose from Lush because Wyatt calls Georgia his dark angel and I thought it fit. The wine is the actual blend that Georgia and her friend drink in the story to drown their sorrows. I wasn't a fan of the bath bomb too much because it left behind a mess. Took a lot of scrubbing of my tub to get rid of the black residue. 

The wine, well it was surprising. It was a little bubbly with was different and it snuck up on you with giving you that tipsy feeling. One glass and I'm like okay not bad, this isn't as in your face as a red, two sips into the second glass and I caught the case of the giggles. Overall it's a thumbs up and I'd buy it again. 

On to the actual review, that's what you're really here for. 

As a teen, I had my life figured out: graduate and make my dream of being a bull riding champion a reality. That is right up until the goth girl transferred to my school. Georgia laid the snark on as thick as her eyeliner, but I saw through the toughened faƧade and fell for her. Hard.

She was willing to give up her own dream to follow me as I pursued my passion, but I couldn’t let her do that. So, I made the hardest decision of my life…and walked away.

It’s been twelve years since I left home without her and the all-grown-up Georgia is just as feisty and fiery as she was back then. It’s clear she has no intention of making redemption easy for me. Thankfully, I’m a patient man who knows what he wants. I’ve never stopped loving her, and I know she feels the same.

Back then I was a rhinestone cowboy, and she was a dark angel, complete opposites, yet we fell in love anyway. We weren’t meant to be like every other cookie cutter couple, we were meant to be different.

My Review
** 5 STARS **

Meant To Be Different is book 2 in Amelia Foster’s Meant To Be series. This time we are getting to know Wyatt, the second of four sons in the Carlisle family. We met Wyatt a little in Meant To Be Kept and he was painted as the partying cowboy who lived off the admiration of “Buckle Bunnies.” In his own story, we find out how much of it is persona and how much of it is real.

Now don’t get him wrong, Wyatt is very much a mouthy, cocky cowboy who loves to have women inflate his ego and to get under his older brother’s skin as younger brothers do. But, beneath it all is a sweet guy putting on a big personality to hide his own insecurities. More importantly, the only woman he really wanted stroking his ego, and other things *wink, wink* was his high school sweetheart Georgia. The woman he walked away from in a moment of stupid teenage chivalry.

Georgia is not the same girl he walked away from 12 years prior and I love how she was not willing to just fall back into his arms and pick up where they left off. He didn’t grovel as much as Tanner from Meant To Be Kept, but that man is the gold standard, however Wyatt had his own way which fit him perfectly. He knew he messed up, and each year that he stayed silent with no contact added to his mistake. He knew he had to work for it to prove to Georgia he was the man she deserved. And that woman deserved a good man! One that was going to stand by her and support her because she went through some things during those years and still had a lot on her shoulders.

Not gonna lie, I wasn’t as quick to fall for his charms as Georgia, but I’ve been known to be a little tough on characters. Hahaha something I’m working on. What helped his cause with me was the way Ms. Foster weaves the story between past and present. We got to see how Wyatt and Georgia were as teens and how well they worked together to bring out the best in each other even though they were complete opposites.

At the end of the day, if you’re looking for a feel good second chance romance with fun banter then you’ll enjoy Meant To Be Different.



or read in Kindle Unlimited

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG #14 - The Story So Far

New month means new post for the IWSG blog hop. In hindsight I should have done this post last month since it was the halfway point for the year, but yeah I don't plan things, not even proper blog posts.