Skip to main content

Music Monday - When The Party's Over


Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful weekend, and to any dads that may read this blog, happy belated Father's day!

This post is coming out later than normal. I failed to preschedule it, and after working back to back late shows, then getting Thing 2 off to camp, I'm moving a little slow this morning. But I wouldn't let the day pass without spotlighting a song.

So, this week is an artist I first heard last year, Billie Eilish. Her first song, "You Should See Me In A Crown" was my first introduction. She has this sleepy sort of voice and and once you listen to the lyrics you can hear the deeper messages (as one interprets them) included in the song.

This week's selection is one that I had to hear more than once to fully grasp because the beats would sort of lull me into singing along without really paying attention. But when I did my interpretation was of a one-sided maybe dysfunctional friendship/relationship. One person giving their all, making sacrifices for the other and getting little back in return. The sort of co-dependency that can go round and round and ends up hurting both parties in a way.

Then the video. It's odd, but symbolic and totally fits what I see as the meaning behind the song. Have a listen and tell me what you think both the song and video represent.

Until next time
~Meka

"When The Party's Over" by Billie Eilish

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Der offizielle Capital Bra Shop. Entdecke Capital BraMerch, Pullover, T-Shirts und mehr.
    Capital Bra T Shirt

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG #14 - The Story So Far

New month means new post for the IWSG blog hop. In hindsight I should have done this post last month since it was the halfway point for the year, but yeah I don't plan things, not even proper blog posts.