Skip to main content

Music Monday - All On My Mind


Happy Monday! Boy, I think this is the first Music Monday of 2018. I've been slacking! Sorry about that. I'm trying to get back on track with doing this weekly post. Have some exciting ideas for features.

Last year (so funny to say that) I talked about working on my first erotic romance novella. I'm happy to report it have been completed and is with my second round beta readers. Even more exciting, this Indie author is going to actually attempt to query it.

**GASP! SHOCK! SAY IT AIN'T SO!** 

But it is. The whole writing process is about learning new things and having new experiences. One of those is going through the query process at least once. I'm doing kinda like the title of the novella, trying ANYTHING ONCE.


That is the working blurb for the book, but it will still need some tweaking that'll come later. The playlist for this story was pretty explicit. Lots of songs about having sex, because I needed mood music to write. But not all of them. At the core, Anything Once is also about a married couple that love each other. 

This week's song spoke to me when I first heard it on the radio. The message I got from it was the unconditional love that couples have. That deeper connection of just being together, respecting and accepting each other as they are and loving them even more for it. 

I hope you enjoy it as well. Let me know what you think and tell me what feeling it creates for you.

Until next time
~Meka

"All On My Mind" by Anderson East




Comments

  1. Good luck with the querying!
    I keep forgetting Monday Music as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's scary to think about, but I want the experience so will push forward.

      Trying to stay ahead (at least for now) with the weekly music post by writing and scheduling them in advance.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Good luck with your queries. Carina Press has a new ongoing submission call for their new Dirty Bits submission. It's the first place I'll query once the four shorts I'm working on right now. Here's what they're looking for:
    https://carinapress.com/blog/2017/11/the-dirty-bits-from-carina-press-two-open-ended-calls-for-submissions/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm looking to query Entangled, one of their imprints and hadn't decided on any others yet. I looked at the link, thanks for sharing. My novella may be too long for what they are after, but I'll keep it in mind if I write a short.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. When you use a genuine service, you will be able to provide instructions, share materials and choose the formatting style. Celebrities from Tallahassee

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.