Skip to main content

Adventures At RWA Day 1


Hello and greetings from Denver. I am excitedly attending my first ever writer's conference. RWA (Romance Writers of America) hosts an annual gathering and a few of my wonderful CPs all planned to come and enjoy and get to meet each other in person finally!

I'm going to attempt to blog about my trip daily and share how each day impacts my outlook on my writing journey. Today's kickoff won't be anything that deep, not to say any of the days that follow will.

So what have I done today? Not much really. Today was mostly a travel day. This is my first ever solo trip. I've always done family trips, or on rare occasions the husband and I would do a couple's trip, but never have I made a journey to spend extended amount of days alone.

I managed, from the airport (yay Uber) to the hotel. That is the crap-tastic view from my hotel window. At least I have good company in my roomie, Coralie Moss so who needs to look out of the window anyway.

The hotel where the conference is being held is in downtown Denver and it's great because there are shops and restaurants to explore. So exploring I did.

If you can see the store behind the bull statue, it's a candy shop, and I am a woman with a sweet tooth. However walking into it, I was not expecting some of the phallic shaped candies among other sexy time related type of things to be out and open on display. Clearly, being a romance writer, those things don't shock me and I had a good laugh at the options. Fun times right?

I did have two 'celebrity' sightings already. I managed to not go fangirl when I saw Alyssa Cole and Beverly Jenkins in the hotel lobby. You 'see' these people on twitter, follow them, but to actually see them in the flesh, it's pretty cool!

I'm all set for a great week. Looking forward to seminars and goodies. I have already snagged three books from the Book Room today and I can't wait to show off my total haul for the week. I have a badge and ribbons and I'm kinda feeling like a real author. It's kinda cool.

Until next time
~Meka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.