Skip to main content

A Little Oasis- #MFRWauthor


Hello and happy Friday. It's been a few weeks since I've participated in the #MFRWauthor blog hop. I've been battling the writer blahs and that hasn't really put me in the mood to do much of anything writing related. I'm still battling, but I can't wallow forever.
This week's topic seemed like an easy one to jump back in on. Self care is an important thing for writers. A lot of time is spent being creative and then stressing over all things that come after the words 'the end' are typed. Having something to indulge in to relax every so often is a good thing.

Chocolate, and other sweets. Wine, those are maybe a 'typical' answer to small indulgences. But for me it's a bath. I've been in my home for fourteen years. I've wanted to remodel my bathroom for all fourteen years. When we moved in, I was very excited to see the large jetted tub. I could take nice relaxing baths, it was a dream... Until it wasn't. Those old school jetted tubs are 1) loud. Man that motor was super loud and not relaxing at all. 2) those jets were a bitch to keep clean. Seriously a nightmare. So, after maybe one or two uses, I quit using the tub. No nice relaxing baths for the last fourteen years though I love them.

Six weeks ago we finally got the long awaited remodel started. A week ago it was completed.


This is my bath nook. All. Mine. The Hubs doesn't like baths and even if he did, not sure I'd want to share. LOL I finally have a tub again that I can sit and relax in and not worry about the labor intensive cleaning afterwards. When putting together the tub area, I had very distinct ideas that I wanted. It was the one area I wasn't willing to make adjustments on.

It's a little thing, but it brings me a level of calm and peace to just sit and soak. The Hubs bought me the bath caddy and he made sure it held a wine glass because he's a keeper. LOL. It makes me happy. We are an active family, the kids always are doing something. A lot of my time is focused on them, or the household as a whole, not to mention writing, editing, marketing. Being able to sit, and soak and decompress, it's my favorite indulgence.

What's yours? Be sure to stop by the other authors on the hop to see what theirs are.

Until next time
~Meka


Comments

  1. It looks classy! Like something you'd see in a really expensive home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alex! Glad I achieved the look of an expensive house bathroom. Budget shopping at its best.

      Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. I know someone who would love the wine glass holder. She takes a luxurious soak she calls her "spa time" every Sunday. Thanks for the idea as she's always hard to shop for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice. Yes well the hubs got that for me and he found it at Bed, Bath, and Beyond if you have one where you live. If not, you can find them on Amazon.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. Beautiful room. So peaceful. Hope you enjoy lots of spa time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I do enjoy the quiet time.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  4. What a nice indulgence. <3 Your room is gorgeous. You chose my favorite kind of tub. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Waited a long time for this remodel and I'm so happy. And yes I was set on getting a clawfoot tub. I love the classic look of them.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.