Skip to main content

Music Monday: Before He Cheats


What is this? Two Music Mondays in a row? Shocking I know! I'm trying to get back in the swing of this segment. Working on Not Broken took a lot of my focus. I'm trying to stay in my NaNo mindset and channel Elaine.

This project is my first attempt at writing from a single POV. It's a challenge, but hey trying to crank out 50,000 in just 30 days is also a challenge. Why not add to it?

My project is about Elaine a soon to be divorcee. Walking in to find her husband in the middle of him cheating on her is an image she can't get out of her head.

She's a grown, mature woman, but sometimes you're tested and you just give into that urge to be petty.

This week's song was her feelings during the moments after seeing 21 years of love, loyalty, and trust being thrown out the window.

As for my NaNo progress, well sadly it tapered off from last week to this week. I spent most of my time focusing on getting Not Broken all polished up since it's release date is soon and I needed to get the manuscript uploaded for the pre-order. I had 7400ish (because I didn't put the exact number for some reason) last week. This week my number is only up to 11,273 meaning I wrote about half as much. But it's still better than nothing. Hoping for big things this week.


Thanks for stopping by
Until next time,
~Meka


"Before He Cheats" by Carrie Underwood



Comments

  1. LOL If she does like the song, that 's a bit more than petty. Yet there are those moments when you just want to say the heck with it and do it anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha. Well, she didn't go to those extremes, but he *may* need a paint job. Her key may or may not have accidentally scratched it a time or five. LOL

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Hey Meka,

    I love that song. Is that a spoiler alert—Elaine destroys his car? :). NaNo is meant to be a fun challenge. Don’t worry if you’re behind on word count. Not Broken comes first. I could be wrong, but I want to say that there are camp nanos every month if you don’t finish by Nov. 30th.

    Keep smiling,
    Yawatta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Yawatta. And no, not a spoiler alert. LOL Not Broken is done and with formatters so I'm all done with it other than uploading to Amazon by the 19th. I've decided to maybe switch projects and see if that helps with the word flow.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.