Skip to main content

A Need To Read





Last year I didn't read much.

I know, I know. One of the key things you're told as a writer is to read more to help you improve. On my list of goals for 2017, I didn't add read more to that list. If it counts, I did read a lot of kid/middle grade books during bedtime with the kiddos. Just no pleasure reading for myself.

Regardless I want to do better this year. However like my goals for writing, I set the bar pretty low for reading as well.

Yep, only 12 books. One per month, give or take. 

Now on Facebook and Twitter I've seen book challenges were you have a list of 52 books to pick from. I already knew I wouldn't make all 52, but I do want to read books that aren't my norm. So I'm branching out from romance/dark romance to other genres. But where to start???

I first went to Goodreads to check out their 2016 best books list. Some looked interesting and I'm still deciding on which if any of those I'll read. What I did do however is go on a download spree at Barnes and Noble. Yes I said Barnes and Noble and not Amazon. I'll let you in on a secret, I always go there first. Why? Well because brick and mortar bookstores are slowly disappearing and I do what I can to support the ones still around when I can. But getting off track here. B&N was having a sale! My favorite thing.

I purchased four books to get me started. 






Now I've told myself I can't get more books until after I've finished these. Seriously my tablet is full of books I've gotten but have yet to read. I could have just read what I have, but most are romance and I'm looking for different. I'm sure I'll read some romances this year still. 

Currently I'm reading the first one on the list. A review will be posted once I finish. 

Anyway, if anyone has any suggestions for other books I might like, feel free to let me know. 

Are you participating in the Goodreads Challenge? If so, what's your goal for 2017?

Thanks for stopping by
~Meka

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.