Skip to main content

Book Review: Secrets of Lunar Falls (Lunar Falls #1)

Secrets of Lunar Falls by Lashell Collins

When veterinarian, Dr. Carly Tipton, takes a new job in the tiny farming community of Lunar Falls, she expects to build a new life for herself. She expects to meet new people and have new experiences. Maybe she’s even expecting a little adventure. But what she’s not expecting is to fall head over heels in love – not with the town, and certainly not with its ruggedly sexy sheriff, Gabriel Masters. She’s also not expecting all the secrets Lunar Falls is hiding. Secrets that could destroy everything she ever believed was true about her own heritage and the family she left back home.


Gabe isn’t ready for Carly when she blows into town. That woman has the power to bring him – a man born and raised to be a GrandAlpha – to his knees, and she’s human! That simple fact alone makes her dangerous to Gabe’s position within the pack. But the fact that he can’t seem to stay away from her tells him that this woman is the one. Human or not … she’s his mate. And now Gabe has to find a way to make their bonding complete without sparking a civil war among his people.

Secrets of Lunar Falls is book one of an adult, sexy shifter romance trilogy.




My Review
**** 4 STARS ****

Warning: Contains mild spoilers

So I first learned about this book from a weekend blog hop that myself and Ms. Collins both participate in. Before that I'd not read any of her books, but the snippets she provided during the blog hop caught my interest. So much so that I broke my rule of not reading a series until all the books were out because I hate HATE having to wait to find out what will happen next.

I'm glad I didn't wait! I enjoyed this story immensely. The chemistry between Gabe and Carly was sizzling. Nothing better than a hot man in uniform and a protective one at that. Gabe was an alpha male (not just his pack standing) but he wasn't the asshole alpha type. He was likeable from start to finish and I enjoyed that. Carly was a strong female lead and that was refreshing. She handled everything amazing well considering everything she'd thought she'd known to be only stories was actually real. My biggest bone to pick with her came towards the end.

She knew the whole dislike of mixed bloods and humans among Gabe's pack. She'd already been told how his family felt and heard that his sister had to hide her relationship with Joe for that reason. He'd told her on more than one occasion things could get heated because of their relationship and even though she said she didn't want to cause trouble with her family her attitude did just that with the whole, I'm going to the lodge anyway incident. Seriously, knowing that tensions were already high she still wanted to just walk up in there like it was no big deal. That annoyed me. The argument they had after the whole Silas confrontation also sorta pissed me off. Gabe never once told her she couldn't think for herself and that he expected her to do what he said like she was expecting, but she ignored all his warnings and explanations and thought he was trying to control her or some nonsense.

The sex scenes were hot although I had my issues with Gabe with that first one. Just saying, it would have been nice to give her a heads up on the whole mate for life thing! Regardless of how Moon Hunters worked, she is a human and deserved to make a fully informed decision on what sex with him meant.

With all the oddities happening to her, I'm thinking that necklace she wears somehow plays into it. I am eager to find out what happens in the next book with Silas. I'm also hoping we learn more about Rose. She holds the purist beliefs strongly and I'm wondering if he's jealous of her children in a way for them not just falling in line. I want to know why imprinting was discarded as it has been for this new way of life even though it has such heartbreaking consequences at times. I think there is more to her story and the relationship she had with her husband that will still be touched on (or at least I hope it will).

I enjoyed this first installment and recommend it to anyone who is a fan of shifter stories. 

Comments

  1. Bringing a grand alpha to his knees sounds like fun.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2015/01/dog-fence-diy-containment-made-easy.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.