Skip to main content

Weekend Writing Warriors entry #9


Another entry for Weekend Writing Warriors. WeWriWa is a blog site open to all authors/writers published or unpublished. Follow the simple instructions on their blog to sign up and then post a snippet of writing on your own blog to join in on the fun.




Continuing with an excerpt from my book Fiendish and I'm picking up again with that. The excerpt picks up in the middle of chapter 3 and I will continue til the end of the chapter.

In the previous installments, Calida and Seth have seen each other again for the first time since their initial meeting. Calida's friend Macy has invited Seth to have dinner with them, only to ditch Calida once they arrive at the restaurant. We pick up with Calida trying to figure out what to do on this impromptu date.

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4

Her phone buzzed, bringing the screen to life. The reply from her friend popped up instantly before she could block it.
live a little. :)
A small grin tugged at the corner of her mouth when she read it. Taking a deep breath, she slid the phone into her pocket then looked up at me.
“I would enjoy having lunch. Dinner? Linner? Oh my goodness, did I just say linner?” Calida asked, giggling.
“Yes, I believe you did,” I replied, laughing as well. “Guess it makes sense, after all there is brunch.”

Comments

  1. This is cute. Glad she's going to take her friend's advice : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah she is, gonna get outside that box she lives in.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Seems the ice is breaking a bit! Can't wait to see where it goes. I've added Fiendish to my TBR because your 8s have me intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, she's trying to be a little less uptight. Hopefully it'll pay off. And thanks for adding it. I bought your box set while it was on sale. Once you get a chance to read, hope you enjoy it.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  3. I think you've invented a new word there! Nice exchange between likeable characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well there is brunch so why not linner? Glad you liked the exchange.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  4. Makes sense to me. Thanks for stopping by.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com/2014/09/weekend-writing-warriors-september-14.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yep sounds very logical

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  5. Nice set up by Macy! The cover really has me wondering about the book. Good 8!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yep. Macy hopes it will work out for Calida. Glad you like the cover, the artist did a good job capturing the feel I wanted for the story.

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  6. Calida seems to be loosening up a bit, nice. Seth seems like a gentleman. This might be a pleasant "Linner", lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she's trying to and Seth is currently being on his best behavior. :) It should be a very pleasant linner LOL

      thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Such a simple, perfect piece of advice. Live a little...and enjoy some linner while you're at it! :D Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the best advice is often times simple. Macy wanted her to not be so scared of life and Calida is out to make changed in hers so she's taking the plunge, sorta with this unplanned linner date LOL

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
    2. another awesome snippet, Meka!!!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Tamara :)

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  8. So cute. I can picture her smiling from the text, and "Linner." Priceless! She's adorkable.

    Keep smiling,
    Yawatta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....'adorkable' LOVE IT!

      thanks for stopping by

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Come Find Me - #MFRWauthor

Another week. Another post for the #MFRWauthor blog hop. This week will be a short and sweet post. It's all about my social media hangouts.

I Wish I May, I Wish I Might - #MFRWauthor

Welcome to week 16 of the #MFRWauthor blog hop. We've covered an array of topics over the last few weeks, with many more to come. This week is all about our biggest dreams.

IWSG - 2021 Let's Do This

Happy New Year! Man 2020 is finally over. I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe holiday season. It’s January so that means new month new IWSG blog post. To finish off the year, last month I posted about how well I did or didn’t hit the goals I’d set for myself.